Apprenticeships and Traineeships in Victoria
Group training is the industry term for the organisation of apprenticeships and traineeships. It is an employment and training arrangement where organisations employ an apprentice or trainee under an apprenticeship or traineeship training contract and place them with host employers. A group training organisation (GTO) undertakes the legal employer responsibilities for the quality and continuity of the apprentice’s and trainee’s employment and training. The GTO also manages the additional care and support for the employer and apprentice or trainee to successfully complete the training contract.
The goals of group training are:
- to create additional apprenticeship jobs and traineeship jobs that might otherwise not have existed
- to provide continuity of employment of apprentices and trainees enabling them to complete their apprenticeship or traineeship contract
- to improve the quality and range of training available to apprentices and trainees, particularly small and medium business
To achieve these goals, group training organisations like Victorian Group Training:
- employ apprentices and trainees and place them with host employers
- are responsible for meeting the employer obligations as outlined in the apprenticeship or traineeship training contract, and managing and monitoring arrangements with host employers
- provide care and support throughout apprenticeships and traineeships.
Contact Victorian Group Training for more information about what they can do for you as an employer or as an apprentice or trainee candidate.